Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mom and Mark are out of ICU!!!

Mom and Mark are both out of ICU! Mom's blood pressure has been stable. She is now able to drink liquids and eat jello. Mom looks much, much better...the swelling from all the fluids she was given has started to go down. Mark's creatinine continues to be going down which is a wonderful indication of the function of the new kidney. His creatinine was 1.8 at the last check! We are waiting to hear the results of the PM analysis. His pain is much more controlled now. He is still unable to eat or drink and is looking forward to having his NG tube removed within the next few days. Mark's hemoglobin levels have been low. This may be a result of the fluids or pheresis. He has had some blood transfusions to help combat the loss of blood. We are hopeful that his hemoglobin levels increase and stay stable ASAP. Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers. It has been a difficult week, but things are starting to look much better!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I just realized I haven't been commenting through I've been watching your blog and Facebook for updates like a hawk. Kellie, you mark, your mom and all of your family have been in my prayers. I have a lot of time on my hands and you all have been at the forefront of my mind. Please know how much are cared for even though much time has passed since we last saw each other!

My couple's small group has been praying for you all diligently as well and have been following your updates as well.

May God continue to hold you close and I pray that he give all of you continued strength and endurance.

Sending gentle hugs to your whole family.
Kelly