Friday, June 11, 2010

In the eyes of a child

I guess you never know how a parent's illness affects a child. It is difficult to know what you should share with your child. You don't want to say too much and you don't want to say too little. Mark and I have a tremendous support system in our family who does a great job at helping us with Mark Thomas when Mark is in the hospital. Although we don't ever have to worry about his care when we're away, I often worry about how he is processing it all. Yesterday, Mark Thomas looked at Mark, patted his face, and said, "Oh Daddy, I love you. I want you to be here forever." These words were so sweet and caring, but were also heartbreaking as they evidence Mark Thomas' worry and concern for his father. Childhood is not the time for worry and concern. I envisioned Mark Thomas' childhood as a carefree time of laughter, learning, and fun. For all of our blog followers who pray for our family, I'm asking for prayer for my precious baby boy. Please join me in lifting up Mark Thomas...may he feel secure and loved through a difficult time.

No comments: