Thursday, February 12, 2009

The transplant has been scheduled!!!!!!!!

I am at my state association's conference and received the phone call that is the answer to months and months of prayer! Mark's transplant has been tentatively scheduled for March 5th!!!!!!!!! Please understand that this is pending the completion of the one remaining test of kidney function and approval from the Rheumatologist. As we've mentioned in prior posts, I am scheduled to see the Rheumatologist a week from tomorrow-on 2/20/2009. I will then see the Urologist and complete the final test on the Wednesday- 2/25/2009. If all goes well, the transplant will then occur the following Thursday-3/5/2009. While this is unbelievably wonderful news, please continue praying for us. While I am celebrating the news, Mark is starting to feel very anxious. He is fearful of rejection and his response to the medications used after transplantation, while also being worried about any pain or discomfort I may experience from donating. So...this post is a prayer request, but is mainly a huge "praise" report as we have continued to see God work in this situation!!!!

"I will praise you O Lord with all my heart. I will tell of all Your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in You. I will sing praise to Your name O Most High."
Psalm 9:1-2

"I will lie down and sleep in peace for You alone O Lord make me dwell in safety."
Psalm 4:8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli & Mark,
So happy to hear the news..You all are already on our church prayer list.
John 11:4 tells us (re: Lazarus) that "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified thereby". God is with you all during this time..May He be glorified!
We love you both. Hope your Valentine's Day is sweeter this year!
Love,
Jane & Tom Cawood

Stephen Bryson said...

Praise the Lord! I'll be praying for you.