Friday, March 6, 2009

Request for Continued Prayer

Kellie has requested that I update the blog on her behalf and ask for your continued prayer. Initially, the outcome of the surgery seemed successful. Although Kellie and Mark were in a great deal of pain following the surgery, Mark's body was producing urine through Kellie's kidney, his hypertension was decreased without medicine, and he reported feeling much better. He even walked down to Kellie's room for a snuggle this morning. However, during a routine scan of the donated kidney function, results indicated an abnormality with blood flow in the new kidney. Thus he had to go back into surgery to allow the surgeons to view the transplanted kidney to determine the status of the kidney. The kidney appears healthy, but there continues to be concern with blood flow. He is presently in the recovery room. We are asking now more than ever for your prayer as we are fearful his body will reject Kellie's kidney.

Tish

13 comments:

Margaret M said...

Tish,

Thanks so much for updating. I have been praying for Kellie and Mark since yesterday and continue to do so. I hope Kellie won't mind but I added the info to my blog to request more prayers. I think there just can't be enough. Sending lots of love and light and hugs along with the prayers!

Anonymous said...

Tell Kellie that we are all praying for her and Mark. God is the Great Physician and I know that Kellie and Mark are in His care. Love and prayers, Kelly D

Anonymous said...

Tish,
Tommy & I and our church members will continue to pray for Mark & Kelli. I called Sheila last night to check on everyone..
God can heal them both..If you ask anything in His name ..He will do according to His will.
Love,
Jane & Tom Cawood & family

Jaime Penix said...

Mark & Kellie continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for them.

Jaime & Bryan

Anonymous said...

I too am praying for Mark and Kellie....

Scott Pace

Anonymous said...

Kellie,
I wanted you to know that I have been praying for you and Mark. We all miss you at work and wish you and Mark well.

Shelby

Anonymous said...

Kellie & Mark,
Jason and I continue to pray for you both. Just let us know if there is anything we can do. We miss you. Jason, Teresa & Claire

Anonymous said...

Mark & Kellie,

I wish both of you the best and my thoughts and prayers are with the both of you. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Roy Milwee

Jboo said...

Keeping you in my prayers! I'm a visitor from Margaret M's blog. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Tish,
We are keeping Kellie, Mark and your entire families in our prayers. I know that your children are in good hands...God's healing hands.
Love,Carolyn Jones

FHL said...

Dear Mark and Kellie, I just wanted to let you know that you both are in my prayers.

In Christ,
M~
(Visted from Margaret's blog.)

Anonymous said...

Kellie,
Damon & I are praying for you and Mark. Please let us know if you all need anything...

Anonymous said...

Kellie and Mark,
I will keep praying for you, Mark Thomas, and your whole family. God knows and sees all! Psalm 6:9

Bridget