Thursday, October 23, 2008

Encouragement from a praise song

I was traveling back from UK last night listening to some "oldies but goodies" in praise music. Some of you may remember "Life, Love and Other Mysteries" by Point of Grace. The second verse and chorus of the song seem really applicable to our situation and offered some encouragement to me. I wanted to share it with you:

"When it seems that my heart is surrounded
and all of my questions of life have been sounded
I'll rest in the hope where my faith has been grounded
I will not fear the unknown.
You are Lord of life, love, and other mysteries
You know my future, you know my history
I find in You all I ever need to know
About life, and love, and other mysteries"

Mark's transplant is undoubtedly a mystery to us right now. It seems like we have so many unanswered questions-where to have the surgery, when it will take place, how to decide what physician is the best, etc. But, like the song expresses, it is so comforting to know that God knows both our past and our future. It is a blessing to be able to truly "rest in the hope where our faith has been grounded."

No comments: